The Central Park of Culture and Leisure is situated in Medeusky District of Almaty. The park was founded in 1856 by horticulturist Krishtopenko and was called the Public Garden. The park was the place for walks and for Verny garrison officers.
In 1934, the park was renovated; recreation centers were situated for workers of Alma-Ata and amusements were installed on the banks of the deepened pond.
There are amusement rides for kids, a railway for kids, indoor and outdoor waterparks, sports grounds, stations for boat and catamaran rent, various cafés, a dinopark in the park.